Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Sixth of the Sixth

Many thanks to PsychMamma for tagging me for my first meme. You're to select the sixth photo in your sixth album and post it along with the backstory. Here's mine:





It's A's 2nd birthday and he's opening his birthday card from Sra., his nanny. Sra. has been with us since S. was 3-months-old and she is a true blessing in our lives. I have joked many times that she takes better care of my children than I do. She has unlimited patience with them and has always gone out of her way to make sure they are happy, but disciplined, children. I think she occasionally bribes them with candy, but who am I to judge (as my children sit watching Noggin while I type)? In general, Sra. doesn't spoil S&A, but birthdays and Christmas are exceptions. She always comes through with The Present. For S's first birthday it was a Dora car, for her second it was the Dora bike. For A's birthday this year, it was a motorized toy 4x4.


Now I get to tag six of you to participate (if you'd like):

A Mom Two Boys, The Big Piece of Cake, Jill, Elizabeth, Amy, and Quart (you'll have to start a blog first!)

3 comments:

Maura said...

Cute picture! He looks bubbly and happy.

I got tagged for this one by PsychMamma, too, so I hope you'll stop by and see. :-)

anymommy said...

I'm finally catching up! I'm so glad you decided to jump back into the blog world.

I can completely identify with this picture and your thoughts. My first son had a wonderful nanny for the first six months of his life. It meant the world to me and let me finish a huge project without a lot of guilt.

PsychMamma said...

I love that look of genuine joy on his face. Priceless. How wonderful that you've found a nanny who is truly part of your family. Thanks for playing along!